Congratulations Allison Bradley – our top producing agent for the month of March!! Your dedication, hard work and professionalism is greatly appreciated!
Dona Frank – 2019 Presidents Club Member – shares her passion about being a real estate agent and a band singer.
Dona started her professional career in Oregon as an elementary education teacher. After deciding that was not the career for her, she returned to her home state of California, where she did mentoring and advertising work, and spent a lot of time waiting tables. When a cousin dared her to move to New York City in the 1980s, she took the bait and has been in the Northeast ever since. Dona moved to Saratoga Springs in 1988, when she was pregnant with her daughter Olivia, who is now a musician living in Nashville. The following year she took a job as marketing director of Colonie Center, where she led the fundraising efforts for a multi-million dollar renovation.
In 1997 she went to work for WAMC, doing marketing and public relations, eventually working her way up to chief of staff. “I helped them to build their sales and marketing departments and helped their business department through a pretty substantial increase in revenue, so I was pretty proud of that”, she said.
During her time working for WAMC, thanks to a chance run-in at a party, Dona Frank-Federico became lead singer for The Spurs USA, a band that hails from the Berkshires. She sang with the group from around 2011 to 2017. Exact dates never stick in her head, she said. But she clearly remembers the electricity the band generated.
“We were cookin’,” she said. “We were playing old time, classic, country western – Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, Willie Nelson, Buck Owens, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton. That’s what we did. It was a great, great band.”
When Dona Frank-Federico joined the country western band The Spurs USA back in 2011, she took on that challenge the way she takes on them all: at full throttle.
“If I’m gonna do something, I’m gonna do it”, she said. “And if I’m gonna do it, I’m gonna be the lead singer. I’m gonna put on a show.”
AND SHE SURE DID…
More people may be turning to virtual experiences when it comes to buying and selling homes during the coronavirus outbreak. In a time of social distancing and uncertainty around just about everything, it is possible to remain close to clients and here is how:
- Use Matterport Virtual Tours to create an open house experience. With a whole floor plan, users can go through a home and get a good idea of the layout.
- Host a virtual broker’s open house with self-shot video tour. Use a chat platform such as FaceTime with the seller agent and buyer agent doing a virtual walkthrough a home.
- Use virtual staging to fill an empty house so you don’t have to rely on a real stager putting real furniture in, or getting it out.
- Check in and review offers virtually in Zoom or Google Hangouts, where documents can be shared and gone over together in real time.
- Use e-signing, e-closing and mobile notary services.
*Click on the picture above to view a Virtual Tour of our listing @ 774 Dugway Road, Austerlitz, New York 12017, presented by Raj Kumar, Associate Real Estate Broker for Select Sotheby’s International Realty.
At Select Sotheby’s International Realty, we value each and every one of our clients, many of whom we’ve been working with for years. During this time of crisis and uncertainty, we’re reaching out to remind you that we’re here for you personally and professionally. As you would expect, we are operating under a leadership-based crisis plan on all of our behalf to help our agents and clients along the journey.
Our Approach & Commitment To You:
We are implementing the following precautions to address the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus:
- Adhering to all CDC protocols and guidelines, at a minimum.
- Actively assessing risks in real-time to ensure the safety of our community.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and sanitation practices in all of our offices. We are committed to keeping our spaces and belongings clean and sanitized.
- Encouraging the use of booties, soap, wipes and hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol
- Recommending that employees and brokers stay home when they are feeling sick and requiring same if returning from overseas within the last 2 weeks.
- Conducting fewer face to face meetings and leveraging technology to reduce the opportunities to spread the virus further.
For Our Clients:
We understand that there are many concerns around COVID-19 and we want to assure you that we are working hard to protect our clients, brokers, staff, tenants and landlords to prevent the spread of disease, while doing our best to continue helping you buy, sell or rent homes. Face Time showings and virtual access to our listings is an excellent option to continue marketing our clients listings!
Thank you for your understanding. We hope that you all stay well and healthy, and appreciate your patience and good spirit as we navigate this event.
Sotheby’s International Realty broke its own records in 2019 as measured by global sales volume, website traffic and media exposure. Our performance stems from our approach: never rest on your laurels and redefine the highest standard of service.
WE raised the bar again, reaching $114 billion in global sales volume, and more than 1,000 offices in 70 countries.